Wednesday

the new black is black.

You could probably call me the queen of tones because i'm really not a huge fan of colour.

I love jewel tones like purple and turqoise and i also love fluoros and pastels, but i'm really not a great fan of colour in general.

For me to love colour it has to be vibrant or immaculately matched with blacks and greys because my eye seems to draw more easily to blacks, greys, whites and so on.

For example, I saw Anya in this red Haider Ackermann and thought..."hmm maybe i should post her in the red Haider Ackermann because I don't often post a lot of all red or all colour editorials".
Photobucket
But then I saw her in this all black Rick Owens editorial and I immediately knew that I had to post it.
Photobucket
Colours just don't have that contrast; very rarely do my eyes POP when i see a lot of editorials with colour in them. I love patterns; give me floral and tribal over colour blocking any day. Colour blocking has to be done so well to have any impact.

It is often the textures of black leathers and furs that really draw my eye to an image. Also, colour is never a full outfit choice for me, its always just a punch of colour like a scarf or a floral skirt that goes into an outfit choice for me.

Anyway, my point is: I won't apoligise for loving the tones and textures of blacks and greys and whites. I love them, that is me. So if you love them, keep reading lovelies :):):)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin